Monday, September 27, 2010

Latest projects...


 A couple of months ago, Chase was kicking around the idea of us acquiring a '76 Prowler trailer from one of his friends' relatives.  My first thought was great, some beat to sh#@ trailer that I am going to have to look at in our backyard forever.  Then about 3 weeks ago, this shows up...man I hate it when I am right. 




Needless to say the roof of this trailer had to be completely redone on the inside due to a leaking roof vent.  The water had reached the cabinets on the walls, so those too came down.  In the process of ripping apart the roof and cabinets, Chase and some of his buddies, who will remain nameless cut some of the electrical wires and didn't mark the intact ones.  Being the master electrician that I am have since fixed that problem, but there was defiantly some mumbling under the breath!
 This is the new non-leaking roof vent that we were able to install
 This is the vanity in the lovely bathroom.  I have a couple pictures of the toilet and shower (yes it has a shower) but this one seemed to bring out the '70's the best.
 Bishop (Chase's dad's dog) was hard at work with us
I was super bored waiting for the high expansion foam to dry, so I thought you all should see what poor Chase has to look at when I am in my "construction" mode.


So to date, the new ceiling has been installed.  I stained Birch 1/4" plywood and we were able to install that over the new insulation for a beautiful new ceiling.  The exterior roof has been coated with NASA approved coating and survived the two days of down pouring rain that followed.   The front left corner was completely redone due to some major water damage and is now good as new.  Chase recently ripped off the old counter tops and we are working on priming the lovely paneling so I can paint.  Not to bad for a "free" trailer.

~Did you notice the color of the stove? I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment